Jeff Bezos Quotes and Business Advice
Jeffrey or Jeff Bezos is an American Internet entrepreneur and an investor born in 1964. He is the founder and CEO of Amazon.com. Under his administration, Amazon became the largest retailer on the Web and a business model for Internet sales.
1. "There are two kinds of companies, those that work to try to charge more and those that work to charge less. We will be the second.”
2. "We've had three big ideas at Amazon that we've stuck with for 18 years, and they're the reason we're successful: Put the customer first. Invent. And be patient."
3. "If you're competitor focused, you have to wait until there is a competitor doing something. Being customer-focused allows you to be more pioneering."
4. "I think frugality drives innovation, just like other constraints do. One of the only ways to get out of a tight box is to invent your way out."
5. "Part of company culture is path-dependent—it's the lessons you learn along the way."
6. "If you never want to be criticized, for goodness' sake don't do anything new."
7. "I strongly believe that missionaries make better products. They care more. For a missionary, it's not just about the business. There has to be a business, and the business has to make sense, but that's not why you do it. You do it because you have something meaningful that motivates you."
8. “I believe you have to be willing to be misunderstood if you're going to innovate.”
9. "In the old world, you devoted 30% of your time to building a great service and 70% of your time to shouting about it. In the new world, that inverts."
10. “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.”
11. “If you do build a great experience, customers tell each other about that. Word of mouth is very powerful.”
12. “The best customer service is if the customer doesn't need to call you, doesn't need to talk to you. It just works.”
13. "A company shouldn't get addicted to being shiny, because shiny doesn't last."
□ Jeff Bezos Quotes and Advice